I never got to wax much nostalgia about my trip last April when I went to see that PA Works show, along with Coorie and Tamayura. I traveled for about 10 days and did the otaku mecca thing, while focused on taking it easy, eating (and didn’t even do much of that beyond local recs) and hanging out. Watched a couple anime movies, at least. It was actually quite a blast, but I definitely could’ve done more if I was more organized or adventurous.
This year I’m going with a herd of other foreigners and in the span of about also 10 days, I would have hit up 2-3 theater greetings, probably will watch the same two anime movies like, in four different occasions (funny considering I could also watch Buddha 2 or the new Tiger & Bunny film that’ll get a theatrical run in a month), will attend a radio recording, plus at least five concerts. FIVE. Maybe more if I want to do that underground idol thing. So most likely this means I won’t have time to try my luck at Kancolle cafe, just a couple days for shopping, and who knows how many places I can go eat? I get the feeling those things will take care of themselves however.
Here’s the event list, at least the confirmed ones. A few are not yet and are marked TBD:
- The IDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e – Shinjuku Wald9, Feb 14 (TBD)
- The IDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e – Theater Greeting, Saitama Movix, Feb. 15
- Yukari Tamura: Fruits Fruits Love Live Spring 2014 – Saitama Super Arena, Feb. 15
- The IDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e – Theater Greeting, Shinjuku Wald9, Feb 16
- KOTOKO: Kuuchu Puzzle Tour – Shibuya AiiA Theater Tokyo, Feb. 16 (Goods page because can’t link to the actual event; BTW she’s going on a 47-prefecture tour this year, wow.)
- Spitz Jamboree Tour 2013-2014: Chiisana Ikimono – Omiya VINTAGE ROCK, Feb. 17 (Speaking of another 47-prefecture tour…well, not even close)
- The IDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e – Shinjuku Wald9, Feb 20 (TBD)
- Gekijouban Mouretsu Pirates: ABYSS OF HYPERSPACE – Theater Greeting, Shinjuku Wald9, Feb 22 (TBD…on lottery and etc)
- The IDOLM@STER “M@STER OF IDOL WORLD” 2014 – Saitama Super Arena, Feb. 22
- Non Non Biyori Web Radio public recording – Kudanshita Science Hall, Feb. 23 (Working on it…not 100% confirmed but pretty close.)
- The IDOLM@STER “M@STER OF IDOL WORLD” 2014 – Saitama Super Arena, Feb. 23
There are a ton of events that I wished I could attend, either because it runs against one of the other events, or because I can’t get the proper tickets (like WUG handshake sessions…or Yui Ogura handshake sessions…or Milk Lariat S conflict with KOTOKO…or Kanon 2014 conflict with IM@S with Yanagi Nagi live etc).
And that’s just events! There are tons of other stuff on the agenda, none perhaps less epic than the chronicles detailed here. But I will do my best with the whole enjoy Japan thing. Food, scenery, shopping, you name it. Definitely want to revisit A-Button and Garten once.
Anyway, if this blog stops updating the next 2 weeks, you know what’s up. Actually I will still be updating the non IM@S stuff here, so watch for that; but as you can see there’s not a whole lot of that.