I think a part of me died when I published this post with that title. Anyway, two parts to this post.
1. Like I said, and others have said the same many times, 2012 will be known the year where a ton of notable seiyuu got married. Of course, I only have what I know to go on, so there might have been some other year where more seiyuu got married, but 2012 is the one I do know. These voice talents often do not have the kind of publicity in the old days as they do now, especially since social networking is a great way to promote yourself and more people flock to it as a mean to promote their work. As a result fans (and everyone else on the internet) get a better look at the personal lives of these celebrity-types. Entertainers.
Oh, well, let’s see–
- Rie Tanaka (w/ seiyuu Kouichi Yamadera) – Probably the most notable because of the nature of the two people involved.
- Shizuka Itou – The one that people probably cheered for the most, I think.
- Ryoko Shiraishi – I think this one is a bit of a surprise, she’s going places too…
- Maria Yamamoto – So that’s what she’s doing nowadays.
- Kumiko Watanabe (w/ seiyuu Kouji Tsujitani) – I met Kumiko Watanabe some years back, cool person.
- Akami Kanda – Another…uh, Negima grad?
- Ayumi Tsunematsu – She had a couple roles that I took note of this year.
- Kanae Oki
- Keiko Nemoto (w/ seiyuu Masaya Takatsuka)
And as a related note:
- Tsuyoshi Koyama got married on valentine’s day. Mikuni Shimokawa also got married on valentine’s day.
- ZUN tied to knot, too.
Well, congratulations to all the new couples in 2012 and I hope they stick till death do them apart.
2. I think it probably marks the 2nd or 3rd year that I’ve been posting and toasting over here. It’s probably the third year for this guy, too. Recently I tried to cross post some stuff over at Pinterest, but it’s still just an experiment at the time. I’m not so much on chronological landmarks but I do appreciate all the work, for years(!), a few people put into posting these seiyuu shots on the web in a way that’s easy to access, so cheers to that!
Up next: I feel fine.
PS. That XCOM game is still ongoing, but progress is very slow given that I haven’t touched it in a while…
Year in review 2012: