I reference seiyuu by nickname sometimes. It’s not a habit I pride on and I think it’s better, in such a blog, to refer people by their family names. It can get confusing since romanized, a lot of people’s names are the same, so nicknames often help as a better way to communicate. (Especially since the reverse situation, while does happen, rarely does due to the way nicknames tend to form.) Anyway, I digress. Ask me separately about how I feel about them sometimes I guess.
For sake of ease of recalling, I group them by how I felt like itÂ (kinda) and sorted by nickname, since I figured that’s the better mapping. Also I’m limiting it to the names I would use on this blog. I know there are more nicknames than what I list here, and some seiyuu have many nicknames that I only list a few. Truth is I don’t even know all of them, even people I reference to.
Also I’m avoiding the list of people who are not new because this is going to get REAL long if I added people like Miyukichi and Asumiss in the mix. It’s already really long.
- Akky/Akki – The (recently) married and with-child, Hasegawa Akiko. Plays Miki.
- Asapon – A high end nickname for her is like “Shimoneta” because Shimoda Asami is like that. the CV for Ami/Mami is also playful.
- Azumin – Asakura Azami. Yukiho’s second CV. Best known otherwise in her High School DxD and ChuuniKoi roles.
- Chiaking – Takahashi Chiaki, or Azusa’s CV. See also King. See also “JPY” or “Juicy Party Yeah”???
- Eririn/Eriko – Nakamura Eriko plays Haruka.
- Haramii – Hara Yumi. Lately Takane’s CV’s new nickname “Hanyanya” has gained steam, but it has yet to stick.
- Hirorin – Hirata Hiromi plays Makoto. Also see Kaachan.
- Jurikichi – TakitaÂ Juri, or Kotori’s CV. The second 765Pro mom.
- Kaachan – Somehow HirorinÂ gained this nickname because she was pretty public about her early goings of being a new mom. TBD how this nickname will stick with multiple buns in the oven in the near future!
- Kami – Wakabayashi Naomi, or Ritsuko. Mom #3.
- King – It’s actually just the next stage of Chiaking.
- Kugyuu/Kugimi/etc – Kugimiya Rie, you know her.
- Mingosu – Imai Asami, CV for Chihaya. Just a side note but Mingosu is often a suffix (see: Asamigosu, Eromingosu, EriMingosu)
- Nunu/Nu – Numakura Manami, CV for Hibiki. Nuuuuuuuu.
- Sensei – Often refers to Nakamura in this context but in general this is a flexible nickname in all cases.
- Yurishii – Hase Yurina. The original Yukiho CV. Also goes by Ochiai Yurika. Retired from IM@S back in 2010 or so.