TL;DR: Here I quote tablody-matome blog Yaraon for the proper verbiage:Â ã‚¢ã‚¤ãƒžã‚¹ã‚µã‚¤ãƒ‰MãŒå…ˆã«ã‚¢ãƒ‹ãƒ¡åŒ–ã•ã‚Œã€ãƒ„ã‚¤ãƒƒã‚¿ãƒ¼ã®ãƒŸãƒªãƒžã‚¹Pé”ã€ç²¾ç¥žã‚’ç—…ã¿å§‹ã‚ã‚‹: When SideM anime gets announced first, Million Live Ps go into nervous breakdown.
To preface the context-heavy post, inÂ brief, getting a proper TV anime treatment has been the dream of all fans of IM@S since forever, because the franchise today is as prominent as it is despite of the missteps the managements have committed all along the way. From the TGS incident to Xenoglossia there wereÂ a lot of bad moves–and by that I mean literally bad for their bottom line and alienating fans–that the management had to recover from to get to the point that they are today. Long-time fans of 765Pro suffer it with their staff and cast to get to this point, so the feeling we cheer for during Producer Meeting is one of mutual support and as people who have been through the ups and downs over the years.
To be clear, a lot of pre-SideM Ps are interested in SideM. They might not be into the series but they are cheering it on like what producers do. Sure, there are also plenty of people, producer or not, who find it difficult to support all branches of the IP. This sentiment is more prominent and easier to see in 2017, when massive event plans roll out along with the mobile game juggernaut Deresute. When you tax your fan base to the max, straining cracks do form. Do people remember 10 years ago, when we had maybe 2-3 IM@S events a year? In 2017 it’s like, 3 events a month.
And this isn’t something limited to Million Live Producers, whoÂ are understandably a little salty–I would know since I am one–but it’s worth writing about because there’s a thick context behind it.
- SideM tour was announced ahead of the live–this sounds like great fuel for “the sound girls make when they’re excited” on top of the SideM anime. But no, this gets announced 2 weeks earlier? Something or someone messed up.
- The grapevine on Million Live anime has been that A1 is busy with all these projects for 2016-2017, as of 2015. Why 2015? That’s when ML anime was first “teased” by the trailer similar to how CG got a trailer just months before the Dereani TV series being announced. Fast forward to 2017. The word from the same grapevine has been more or less the same, but it’s a matter of time. As a separate note, SideM may or may not carry with it the Anim@s tag in terms of the production team, but Million Live both uses Anim@s illustrators for in-game art and is basically all but confirmed to be A1 or else. (This is basically the sins of Xenoglossia being repaid.) For the record, CG is an year earlier than ML, and MLÂ is about a year earlier than SideM.
- Unlike SideM, Million Live is both a reboot of 765Pro and its own thing. This is why there are songs for the 765Pro all stars in Million Live, and their characters appear in ML game (in a non-cameo basis) as well as the excellent Gessan manga (which is kind of like the bible for MiliPs in terms of those who care about story and development). Oh, the Gessan manga ended. Oops
- ML4th Budokan is a month too far… But in terms of timing, SideM anime details won’t emerge until 3/15, so it’s really just hitching a ride on SideM 2nd. ML4th day 3 (if they were to announce ML anime then) is 3/12. Which goes up to point #1…
- ML anime, basically by indirect admission, is coming soon. I have separate rumor to confirm but GamiP’s behavior at least acknowledges this, for his apology only makes sense in this way.
- Basically, during day 2 SideM 2nd, GamiP came on stage after the anime teaser to apologize to people waiting for ML anime, that SideM anime is announced first because guys walk with longer stridesÂ or some joke. The idea is the demand is higher so it got higher priority–or because they’re locked into the Anim@s crew for ML.
- For who reading into sakuga tea leaves are a thing, too, understands what this means when you’re stuck waiting for that same prolific crew. A lot of us are OK with Dereani but a lot of us are also weary of that production given its issues and delays. And as you can see, delays with these things do happen. A part of us want a good work that is given the time to be produced, but we also realize we can only wait so longÂ in this war of idols.
This really doesn’t have anything to do with “fujoshit” or anything like that (and those who think this way probably should be kindly educated). It’s just that Milim@s Producers have been waiting for a while now, and in some ways, the future of our original ladies depend on it too, because surely they will also appear in the anime…
I guess the key thing is that Million Live anime is a big deal, although it’s just Milim@s Producers who are too psychologically invested, I guess. And until we know what SideM anime is actually going to be detail-wise, it’s not something we shouldÂ assume in the pessimistic direction.